What material does manganese steel belong to? Which is better, manganese steel or stainless steel?
High manganese steel is a common steel in industry. The hardness of high manganese steel is very high. It is often compared with high manganese steel and high carbon steel. Some people doubt that high manganese steel knife can cut iron. What is the difference between high manganese steel and 304 steel?
What material does high manganese steel belong to
1. High manganese steel is an alloy steel with more than 10% manganese content, which has high hardness. After solution treatment, there will be a small amount of undissolved carbides in the high manganese steel, so it can still be used when the quantity of high manganese steel is small and meets the inspection standard.
2. High manganese steel is a kind of high-strength steel, which has strong extrusion resistance, impact resistance and wear resistance. High manganese steel can be used in harsh environments. The failure mode of high manganese steel is mainly wear consumption, and some high manganese steel is fractured and deformed. At present, high manganese steel is mainly used to make bulldozers, ball bearings, steel mills, excavator buckets and other parts that need to bear wear, as well as bridges and tracks in buildings. Therefore, high manganese steel is widely used in daily life
Can high manganese steel rust
1. High manganese steel is also a kind of steel, but it does not belong to stainless steel. High manganese steel adds manganese element inside the steel, but it is steel in essence, so high manganese steel will rust. In fact, manganese and chromium of high manganese steel only occupy a small part, but this part of manganese can also isolate the entry of oxygen. Therefore, high manganese steel will not rust when oxygen is isolated, but high manganese steel will also rust when water and oxygen are added.
2. High manganese steel is a kind of ordinary steel added with high manganese element, which is easy to rust. However, the rolled manganese steel has a dense surface texture, so the rust is also on the surface, and the internal structure of high manganese steel is also very good.
Differences between high manganese steel and 304 steel
1. There is a difference between high manganese steel and 304 steel in the addition of elements. High manganese steel increases the content of "manganese" and decreases the content of "nickel". Compared with 304 steel, this high manganese steel has very weak corrosion resistance, and its glossiness is not as good as 304 steel. However, high manganese steel has a strong cost advantage, so the use scope of high manganese steel is wider than 304 steel.
2. High manganese steel is essentially a kind of steel material, so it is not recommended to store it in acid, alkali and other chemical environments. However, high manganese steel can be widely used in the construction of "non key structural parts", indoor water storage equipment and tableware. And 304 steel has strong corrosion resistance and rust resistance, so 304 steel is a higher specification product.